Remote (fully) or Tallinn, Estonia office
Sarto Capital a successful family office in Estonia, which aims for high total returns over the long term and invests mostly in equity assets already from early 2000s, is expanding its investment team to build a successful long horizon portfolio of attractive public market companies across sectors and regions. The company is seeking a highly competent
to provide our organization with financial guidance on equity investment opportunities. You will be responsible for gathering and assessing data for stocks across markets and industries, developing forecasts, and providing sound investment advice that will lead to well-informed investment decisions.
Analyst will work predominantly with portfolio manager as part of a family office direct investment team, analyzing long-only public equity investments in mostly developed markets. This includes analyzing company financial reports, participating in conference calls, building and maintaining financial models to deliver primary investment reports on companies across industries.
- Developing and delivering detailed investment recommendations through analysis of financial results, forecasts, and trends to the portfolio manager.
- Create and maintain earnings, valuation, and industrial models for companies.
- Providing direction and expert advice on portfolio holdings to buy, sell, or hold.
- Monitoring company, industry and market trends for changes and investment opportunities.
- Fully remote work (or alternatively in Tallinn office)
- Flexibility in working hours and arrangements (either full-time or part-time)
- Compensation is attractive and commensurate with experience andskill level, plus possible performance bonus
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, mathematics or a similar field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an equity analyst
- Analytical thinking – a deep understanding of fundamental analysis and financial modeling
- Ability to concisely describe an investment idea including company, opportunity, competition, valuation
- Advanced Excel proficiency. 3+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- Fluency in English (working language)
- CFA a plus
- A passion for investing; ability to think and research globally across sectors and industries with a long term orientation
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- (remote work)
- Enjoys a small, entrepreneurial team
Please submit your resume (CV) and an informal letter (no generic cover letters please) that briefly describes yourself, and any other supporting discussion that is not encompassed in your resume by 31/05/2022 to Viljar Vald, CFA (firstname.lastname@example.org). Successful candidates will be asked to write a short investment thesis in the 2nd round.