Employer McKinsey & Company
Job Location Warsaw, Poland
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, to identify, and oftentimes implement, potential solutions for a specific client problem or challenge. Together, you will help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
Over the course of each project, you will gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations. You’ll also present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. Some examples of the specific work may include interviewing clients, leading client teams, building financial models, and working with McKinsey subject experts to develop perspectives and insights for the client. Depending on your area of focus or client needs, you will be asked to travel to your client site.
When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm that will invest in your professional development. As a business analyst intern, you will receive training and coaching on how to better:
- Structure ambiguous problems and take action to solve them
- Synthesize complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work effectively with diverse teams to come up with the best solution and move people and organizations to act
- Establish trust-based relationships with clients to better serve their organizations
- Communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a structured manner
- Develop your leadership style, leveraging your own passions, strengths, and personal values
McKinsey believes in strengths-based development and coaching, and you’ll receive frequent mentoring from colleagues. This will include a senior colleague from your office or practice who will help you grow and achieve your career goals. Additionally, you will have a professional development manager who manages staffing to help you choose projects based on your priorities as well as the needs of client service teams.
Our business analyst intern program gives a group of undergraduate students and eligible graduate students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey. At the end of your internship, you may receive an offer to join us as a full-time business analyst after the completion of your degree.
Required Experience and Skills
- In your junior year of an undergraduate degree; with an expected graduation date of December 2022-August 2023
- Or in your senior year and planning to enter a 1-year master’s program
- Or currently completing your first year in a non-business, 2-year master’s program and have less than 2 years of work experience
- Or are in your first year of a two year commitment with Teach for America and have 3 years or fewer of work experience to date
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and local office language(s)
More details at https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/search-jobs/jobs/businessanalystintern-15275
Candidates may reach out to Sofiya Huzenko at email@example.com for more information and share their CVs as well.